In 2020, the Arete Project is taking a holiday from programming-as-usual, directing our time and energy instead towards the creation of our new campus! We’re thrilled to invite our community of alumni and supporters to Alaska for a summer-long work party to help us with this big lift. Want to swing a hammer or weed a garden? We’d love to welcome you to the tiny, remote town of Gustavus – the gateway community to Glacier Bay National Park – where we’ll be undertaking projects big and small on our 18-acre riverfront property. This is a chance for individuals of all ages (and skill levels!) to experience the heart of the Arete Project’s work: living and working in close connection with land and community. Possible projects include:
- Creating and tending a large vegetable garden
- Establishing a trail system
- Installing tent cabin, a yurt, and greenhouses
- Building an outdoor classroom, a woodshed, and a sauna
- Tree removal and bucking up firewood
- Daily meal prep for our group of volunteers!
If you’d like to help us with any of the above projects this summer, please fill out the following form: